Monday, October 11, 2010

Canuck Fever

I love the canucks. I love going to hockey games, even minor hockey ones, but there is something entirely magical about being at a canucks game. Generally, when I'm heading downtown for hockey night, I'm somewhat nervous and anxious - anticipating the anthem-singing I have ahead of me. But not Saturday. Saturday, I simply had the full-on fan experience. It was the 40th anniversary for the Canucks - as well as the home opener - what a presentation they put on! Henrik was presented with his Captain's 'C', they had 16 members from the original team there, and the LA Kings played their first game with our former Canuck - Willie Mitchell. Our tickets were row 7, in the back left corner of the opposing team's net - great seats, great company, great game! Although it ended up in an unfavourable shootout for us.....we still had a fantastic time :)
 possibly the only time in our lives that we will wear the same outfit....

No comments: