Saturday, October 3, 2009

Celebrate Celebrities (Acting Edition)

Now, I know what you are thinking - "A blog about Celebrities? How shallow." - and really, you're absolutely right. However, this is my blog, and I am allowed to post whatever I want....so there. I do have a celebrity-gossip-magazine-fetish. Let me be more specific- certain celebrities do intrigue me, and not to say that I emulate these people, rather, that I enjoy their talent.
Certain friends of mine have made joking references to this in the past, stating that I "know everything about every celebrity." This, of course, is not true....or possible (I've tried).
So, without further adue, here is my fave-list of actors/celebrities, in no particular order, and why.


1) Jennifer Anniston - because she is unique in her comedy, clothing, and beauty. She has a sweet vulnerability about her, yet is confident and quick to laugh at her own expense. Also, she was on FRIENDS- love that show (along with the rest of the general population). Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5Wpqf4-OM&feature=related

2) Amy Poehler and Will Arnett - Potentially my favourite celebrity couple, because they are both so so so funny. They posess an enviable dry-wit, and I really enjoy their work (Will-arrested development, Amy-SNL, Baby Mama). Watch them interviewed together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1MymGnoDko&feature=related
3) Reese Witherspoon - I have been told, on occasion, that I look similiar to her...which, is obviously a ridiculously-far-fetched call, but, I'll take it. She is extremely cute, and you get the impression that she is actually just a genuine, down-to-earth person, who acts for a living. She has never seemed to be caught up in the celebrity status. Also, she's dating Jake Gyllenhall. Wow.

4) Matthew Perry - I love his style of humour - dry, sarcastic, with a hint of slapstick....and once again, he was on FRIENDS. Also, he's Canadian.5) Rachel McAdams - 2 words - THE NOTEBOOK. Also, she is naturally stunning, Canadian, and unique. 6) Taylor Kitsch - Friday Night Lights - Funny, ridiculously handsome, canadian....need I say more? 7) Kristin Chenoweth - Wicked, Pushing Daisies, Glee - she is stunning, has a gorgeous voice, and a charming wit. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmj6Vdlteo88) The Entire Office Cast - I just absolutely love that show. The first in its class, fresh, witty, and completely awkward, it has revolutionized modern comedic television! Here are some favourite office moments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EAyCXwqyJE&feature=related 9) Jim Carrey - Dumb and Dumber...The Truman Show...Ace Ventura...The man is hilarious. AND Canadian. So there you have it. I'm sure there are more....but Dinner awaits. I hope you enjoyed my guilty-indulgence.

3 comments:

Mrs. Michelle said...

LOVE this post! I too share many of those same people on my list. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I have the same indulgence...celebrity gossip! I have been a subscriber for US Weekly for YEARS...April

jamiedelaine said...

Yep yep. I agree. Just saw the new Jen-An film last night!