Monday, November 1, 2010

In Her Shoes

My beloved sister and I went shopping last week for my birthday.  Not only was it a much needed catch up day with my Jay Bird, it was a chance for us to spend almost an entire afternoon trying on shoes and outfits without time restraints or bored husbands.  A few facts on my sister just to help you understandwhy I was privileged to have her as my personal co-shopper:
1) She is very stylish, yet unconventional.  She doesn't restrict herself to certain colours or clothing types - she simply puts together outfits and accessories based on what looks good and suits her.  I, on the other hand, fall prey to many stigma's and rules about what I can and definitely not pull off. 
2) She makes me laugh ALL THE TIME.
3) She patiently will wait for me to sort through an entire sales rack (when she knows full well that there is nothing in there worth even 50% off) just so I can leave feeling like I did a thorough job.
4) She's generous with compliments, and to be honest, that's pretty needed when you spend the day trying things on and not looking anything like the mannequins.
5) She makes me branch out and try clothing and accessories that I otherwise would rule out. 
Here is an example:
These booties looked FANTASTIC on Jalen.  She has long limbs and they were delighted to be extended in these.  She then persuades me to try them on.  Though I didn't get the A+ rating I had given to her, I did receive a B+.....and that's good enough for me! She bought me the shoes. I love them, I love her (but not in that order).

2 comments:

Mrs. Michelle said...

What a lovely post. I loved reading all the compliments you gave them because I agree with them, I love you and I love her. :)
Also, I am so glad she bought you those booties! I can't wait to see them on you!

Jalen said...

awww. This was nice to read. Love you too, whitty!