Friday, June 4, 2010

Bingo to Ringo

Last Friday I won a radio contest. Yes, a radio contest – and it was no “9th caller wins” – I had to answer a brain-game question in order to claim my rightful prize.  So here was the question:

“4 out of 5 women feel better after doing THIS – What is it?”
Here were some of the pathetic answers of fellow listeners: Listen to music, weed the garden, etc. etc.
I knew it had to be more simple (and shallow) than that if 4 out of 5 women said they felt better. I knew it couldn’t have been ‘eat chocolate’, because the stats would have been atleast 6 out 5 women.  So I called (not knowing the prize – this is truly a leap of faith, right?).  My call was answered. And then this happened:

Host:  Hi there, What’s your name?
Me:  Uh, Whitney (I was anxious to blurt out my answer).
Host:  Okay Whitney, and what do you think is it that 4 out of 5 women feel better after doing?
Me:  Hair or Makeup?
Host:  Well, it’s in that genre so we’ll give you another try.
Me:  Ok….how about put lipstick on?

Bingo!
And then, without me realizing beforehand, Bingo lead to Ringo…

I won tickets to the RiverRock Theatre to see “RAIN – The Beatles Experience” 

Here, have a taste of their awesomeness for yourself:
 It was a fantastic night – a date with my beatle-loving momma – who won 15 beans on the slot machines (yes, I rhyme) and squandered it all on booze....

Well, on a glass of wine for herself and a cider for me to enjoy while we took in the fabulousness that is the Beatles music.  
 All because of lipstick. And radio contests. And me finally connecting the two.

No comments: